I needed to go to the post office earlier so I set off and remembered that I needed to change my name at the bank so went back inside the flat to grab the marriage certificate, headed back out and closed the front door when it dawned on me that I had forgot to pick up my keys off the dining table.
I then had to get the tube to Paddington to get Sues keys off her and didn't have my oyster card so I had to pay £5.60 for a ticket. Pah!
I finally got back to Fulham and headed to the post office where I asked for £20 cash back but forgot to take it. I had to walk all the way back and explain this to the cashier who then had to close his till and count all the cash in it to make sure he was £20 up, which of course he was.
I then had to go to the bank because they haven't deposited a cheque I put in over 3 weeks ago! What a joke. I did change my name though so I'm excited to get my new bank card.
I finally got home and decided to make a sticky, spicy beef salad for dinner so wrote a shopping list. I go to the supermarket and realised I had forgot the bloody shopping list. Luckily I remembered the recipe as there's only a few things in it but I forgot the most important thing - toilet roll. I spoke to Sue and she said I was in no fit state to leave the flat again and I think she's right so I had to cross my legs until Kenny got home ha ha!
I'm SO glad I didn't forget to buy a bottle of red wine at the supermarket! This is my second bottle this week but I'm not going to feel bad about it because if I were to die tomorrow, how sad would it be if I died whilst on a diet. Exactly.
The whole day wasn't a total write off though as Steve (bless his little cotton socks) bought me something off my wish list - the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook! Yey! Thanks sooooooooooo much Steve I LOVE it! I can't wait to make a batch of red velvet cuppies yum yum!
Also, there were promo girls at Paddington Station who were giving out free loaves of Warburtons bread so I came home with a cookbook and a loaf of bread. You've gotta love that.
Luckily, I enjoy cooking so making dinner after my bubble bath (with 1/2 a bottle of Radox 'Stress Relief' poured into it) it made me relax and unwind.Mrs Hackneys Recipe for Sticky, Spicy Beef Salad:
Serves 2 people (1 hardworker and 1 forgetful alcoholic)
1 x Diced Lean Diced Beef (500g)
1 x Red Onion
1 x Half Cucumber
1/4 Cup x Hoi Sin Sauce
1/4 Cup x Sweet Chilli Sauce
3 Little Red Chillies, sliced
2 x Baby Gem Lettuces
- Slice the red onion in to half moons
- Slice the chillies finely
- Julienne the cucumbers
- Shred the lettuces into strips
- Make sure the beef is in thin slices (I know it comes diced but try to make all the pieces the same size)
- Heat up a frying pan on medium to high heat and pour in a splash of olive oil
- Throw in the beef and chillies and stir fry for approx 3-5 minutes
- Add in the hoi sin and chilli sauce and stir fry
- You need to now add approx 1/2 - 1 cup of water. (The sauce needs to be not too thin but not thick - just the right consistency to coat all the greens.
- Place the lettuce on the place. Sprinkle over the red onion and cucumber. Pour over the hot beef and drizzle all the greens with the sauce.
- Tell the person you've cooked it for that it was made with love and eat with chopsticks! :-)