Sunday was spent wrapping all the items Sue and I managed to sell on Ebay the week before. As I said I'd take her parcels to the post office along with mine, Sue gave me a little gift. A little love heart Le Creuset pot and spatula! They are so adorable!
Kenny an I have decided to try and be healthy this week so I've just made a batch of pasta salad to go in his packed lunches this week.
Mrs Hackneys Recipe for Pasta Salad:
3 x Cups of pasta shapes
8 - 10 small salad potatoes
1 x yellow pepper
1 x small red onion
1 x small yellow onion
1 x cup sugar snap peas
2-3 chicken breasts
salt & pepper (black and white)
1 x lemon
honey mustard vinaigrette
1 - 2 tbs wholegrain mustard
- Cook the pasta and place in a big mixing bowl
- Cook the potatoes, slice and add to the bowl
- Add in the sweetcorn.
- Dice the onions and pepper and fry in some olive oil until just beginning to soften, squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lemon and season. Add to the bowl.
- Slice some sugar snap peas in half and place in a bowl of boiling water to blanch. Leave for 5 minutes, remove from the water and add to the bowl.
- Mix in 2 tsp or more of mustard to taste, add the remaining lemon juice and season well.
- Poach the chicken breasts in a pan of water, I used 2 and put them in the pan, simmered them for 10 minutes, removed them from the heat and left them to sit for another 5 - 8 minutes before shredding and adding to the bowl.
- Add in 1/3 bottle of honey mustard vinaigrette. My favourite is from a company called Tracklements and you can order online but they also supply Waitrose, Planet Organic and some others. (http://www.tracklements.co.uk/) It is the most delicious salad dressing ever!