Polka Dot Cookies
Source: Rachel’s Food for Living
225g / 8 oz Butter
375g / 15 oz Soft Brown Sugar (or light muscovado sugar)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs, beaten
350g / 14 oz Plain flour
½ tsp Salt
1 Level tsp Baking Powder
1 Level tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
150g / 5 oz Smarties
Pre-heat Oven – 180 C / Gas 4 / 350 F
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add in the vanilla and eggs.
3. Mix the flour and salt into a bowl. Sift in the bicarb and baking powders and mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Add the smarties last.
6. Roll into little balls (walnut size if you want small ones or golf ball size if you want larger ones. I pressed in a smarty on the smaller ones so that there would definitely be a smarty on the top of each cookie.
7. Bake for 12 – 16 mins. If you want chewy cookies, bake until the edges are turning brown but the middle is still pale. If you want crunchy all the way through then bake until golden all over.
8. Cool on a wire rack.